Here’s a review and swatches of the new NYX Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks ($7.00 USD/$9.00 CAD, available here). Since I love getting nudes (lipsticks, people — get your minds out of the gutter!) I knew I had to grab some of these. While it was tempting to get them all, I decided to restrain myself a little — emphasis on the “a little” — and get 8 of the 12 shades. According to the NYX website, “Slip into something seductive with Lip Lingerie, our new weightless liquid lipstick with a plush matte finish.”
- Lace Detail – pale peachy nude.
- Push-Up – medium peachy nude.
- Bedtime Flirt – medium warm pinky nude.
- Corset – light cool brown nude.
- Honeymoon – medium grey-brown nude.
- Embellishment – medium dusty lavender.
- Ruffle Trim – warm peach, darker than Push-Up.
- Exotic – medium brownish-rose.
Why You Might Like These:
- They’re very comfortable on the lips (among the more comfortable liquid lipstick formulas I’ve tried)! The formula is light and mousse-like, similar to tarte‘s and OFRA‘s liquid lipsticks, except this formula dries down completely.
- They’re very pigmented and apply smoothly. The colour goes on evenly without looking patchy.
- They don’t have much of a scent.
- They don’t transfer, and while I didn’t do any heavy making-out during my testing, they survived the “kiss test” on the back of my hand!
- They last a very long time so you won’t need to touch up often, if at all. If you do need to add more, however, these layer quite well without flaking or crumbling, so you won’t need to completely remove your lipstick and reapply.
- There are a decent number of (neutral) shades in the line, so I feel like there’s a “nude” for just about everyone.
- If you like grey-toned lip colours, this line has a few!
Why You Might Not Like These:
- If you prefer a shiny lipstick, you probably won’t like these unless you add gloss on top, which could compromise the wear time.
- If you’re looking for really bold and bright colours, you won’t find any in this particular line, as it’s focused on neutrals/nudes.
- Because they are a matte liquid lipstick, they’re not going to give your lips any extra moisture. They also can have a tendency to emphasize dryness (though I did notice they don’t show it nearly as much as many other liquid lipsticks). Make sure you prep your lips before applying to minimize this, and you should be just fine!
- There is a slight bit of tackiness if you press your lips together, but unless you’re very sensitive to this, it shouldn’t bother you.
- Some of the lighter nudes might pull ashy on darker skin. No worries, though, since there’s a good selection of other great colours to choose from!
I think these are great, and the fact that they’re so much less expensive than many other liquid lipsticks is icing on the cake! I’d love to see NYX come out with a larger shade range in this formula down the road (and I can’t promise I won’t pick up the remaining 4 of these shades at some point). Have you guys tried these yet? What’s your all-time favourite nude liquid lipstick? Let me know in the comments!