My momma bear got me the cutest present for Christmas: the Too Faced Melted Kisses & Sweet Cheeks gift set ($54.00 CAD/$36.00 USD, available for a limited time here). The set contains three deluxe Melted Lipsticks (0.16 oz each) and three coordinating deluxe Love Flush Blushes (0.07 oz each), paired together in 3 separate little gift boxes. You can give the whole thing to
yourself someone, or split it into 3 smaller gifts. Although the holidays are over, you can always put it aside and use it for another upcoming occasion (birthdays, bridesmaids, “just because”, etc.). Or you can totally just keep the whole thing, this is a judgement-free zone. Their Melted Lipsticks give “the staying power of a stain, the intense color of a liquid lipstick and the high shine of a gloss in one long-wear formula”. I’m already a fan of their Melted Lipstick in Sugar, so I can attest to this. Their Love Flush Blushes promise “a long-wear, fade- and smudge-proof formula that keeps your cheeks perfectly flushed for up to 16 hours”. While I haven’t worn them for quite that long, yet, they do wear for a long time and the formula applies extremely nicely on the skin.
- Melted Fig – “rosy orchid”. This shows up as a plummy pink on my lips.
- Melted Peony – “dusty rose”. This is a little brighter than what I would refer to as “dusty” on me — I would say it’s more of a medium, warm pink. Still a very pretty colour, though!
- Melted Nude – “neutral nude”. This is a warm, medium peachy-nude on me.
Love Flush Blushes:
- Your Love Is King – “plummy rose”. A warm, dusty plum with a soft satin sheen.
- Justify My Love – “bright pink with fine gold sparkle”. A cool bubblegum pink. The sparkle is very fine and doesn’t really translate on the cheeks, leaving a very subtle sheen instead.
- Love Hangover – “perfect warm pink”. This is a pinky-coral with a pretty gold shimmer. If you like shades like NARS Orgasm, you’ll probably like this one.
Why You Might Like This:
- If you’re looking for something (or three smaller somethings) to gift, this is a great idea.
- You get to try three shades of Too Faced’s Melted Lipsticks and three shades of their Love Flush Blushes for significantly less than buying them all separately.
- The deluxe sizes are great for travel or throwing in your makeup bag. They’re quite generous, as well, so you should get a lot of use out of them.
- Everything in this set is sold in the permanent line, so you can purchase a full size of anything you love once you run out.
- Since they come in pairs, there’s no need to worry about coordinating your lip and blush colour (not that you have to stick with these pairings, of course).
- The shades should work well on a wide variety of skin tones, since nothing is on the extreme end of light/dark/warm/cool. The only potential exception to this is the Melted Nude — if you absolutely cannot wear warm or peachy nudes, you might want to gift this one.
- The lipsticks are very pigmented, opaque and creamy on the lips. For a lipstick with a shiny finish, they do wear for quite a long time. They layer nicely and the formula can also be easily mixed to customize colours.
- If you like the idea of a lipstick in liquid form but you don’t want something matte or drying, you should definitely check out this formula.
- The blushes are pigmented and blend nicely on the skin. Though I didn’t test them for a full 16 hours, they did wear well for the entire day on me.
Why You Might Not Like This:
- If you’re only interested in one or two of the shades, you might be better off just purchasing them from the regular line.
- The colours, while beautiful, aren’t super unique. You might have dupes in your collection (though I personally don’t mind duplicating a colour if the formula is different/improved).
- As mentioned above, Melted Nude might pull too warm for some people.
- If you prefer a matte lip look, you probably won’t be a fan of the lipsticks.
- Because of their creamy formula, the lipsticks have the potential to bleed slightly. I didn’t have much of an issue with this, myself, but it can be prevented by using a lip liner if you’re worried about it.
- If you like your blushes to be completely matte with no trace of sheen or shimmer, you might not like these.
Are you thinking of picking this up for yourself? What about for gifts? Which of the pairs is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!