I’ve been reading a lot of buzz online about Stila’s Eternal Love Liquid Lipstick Set ($26.00 CAD) and I just so happened to spot it during a recent trip to Shoppers Drug Mart. By the way, are any of you guys able to just run in there for toothpaste or something and not leave with anything makeup-related? If so, you have much more willpower than I do. Anyway, because of its popularity, this set is becoming kind of hard to find (at least in Canada). If you can’t find it at your local Shoppers, you can order it online at Murale or Urban Outfitters. I can see why it’s selling so well, since it contains 3 mini shades of Stila’s extremely popular Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick. The red shade (Beso) is in the permanent line, while the other two shades are new to the set (but will be added to the permanent line in the spring).
Let’s get swatchin’:
- Baci – a dusty, mave nude with a hint of grey. This one is probably my favourite. It’s pulling a little warmer in the lip swatch picture for some reason, but it’s cooler in person.
- Beso – described as “true red”. It’s a bright, classic red that leans a little blue-based on me.
- Ricco – a deep plummy brown.
Why You Might Like This:
- For $26 CAD, you get to try three colours for slightly less than the price of one full-sized liquid lipstick ($29 CAD). This is great if you switch up your lip colour often!
- The lipsticks are extremely pigmented.
- They dry to a matte finish, a trend that’s still going strong this season.
- They stay put for a very long time and last through eating/drinking.
- The colours are beautiful; you get a neutral lip, a bright red lip and a vampy lip all in one set. If you’re a fan of dusty grey/mauve nudes, you need Baci in your life right now.
Why You Might Not Like This:
- The colours might be too intense for some folks, especially because they’re so opaque.
- Baci is quite light, so it may wash you out if you have a deeper skin tone.
- If you don’t like a matte lip look, you probably won’t be a fan of this formula unless you add gloss on top (which might affect the wear time).
- If you like your lipsticks to be hydrating, liquid lipsticks aren’t your best bet. While this formula doesn’t dry out the lips excessively, it doesn’t give them any moisture, either.
- As with all liquid lipsticks, these will emphasize and dryness/flakiness on your lips. You’ll need to make sure your lips are prepped and in good shape if you don’t want that to happen!
I’m absolutely loving this set and I can see me getting a lot of use out of all three colours. Baci is probably my new favourite nude (I’ll definitely be picking up a full-sized one in the spring). Beso is going to be a go-to during the holidays when I want to do a classic red lip. And Ricco is great when I want something dark and vampy. If you’re interested in this at all, I highly suggest you grab it right away; it’s going fast! Are you tempted to check it out? Do you have another Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick suggestion for me to try? Let me know in the comments!