OFRA recently came out with three new additions to their New York Skyline Collection of Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks ($19.90 USD each, available here — hit up Google for discount codes that are always floating around so you don’t pay full price). Since I’m such a lover of grey-toned lipsticks, the shade Staten Island was obviously calling my name. I also decided to grab the shade Angeles because I’m surprisingly lacking in the “pale pink nude” liquid lipstick department. I figured I’d pick one up in this formula since I’m already a fan (see: this post).
- Staten Island – a cool, grey-toned brown with a hint of mauve. The darker your skin, the more mauve will come through.
- Angeles – a very pale pinky-nude.
Why You Might Like These:
- They contain antioxidants and Vitamin E so they’re very comfortable on the lips (they’re among the most comfortable liquid lipstick formulas I’ve tried)!
- They’re very pigmented and apply smoothly. The colour goes on evenly without any patchiness at all.
- They last a very long time on the lips so you won’t need to touch up often. If you do need to add more, however, these layer quite well without flaking or crumbling, so you won’t need to completely remove it and reapply.
- If you’re into the “greige” lipstick trend, you’ll love Staten Island! And Angeles is a great pale pink nude for fairer skin.
- There is quite a large shade range in the line if these particular colours don’t rock your socks!
Why You Might Not Like These:
- If you prefer a shiny lipstick, you probably won’t like these unless you add gloss on top. OFRA makes a Lipgloss Stick for this purpose, but I haven’t yet tried it.
- While these do dry down somewhat, they don’t dry completely, so there is still some transfer if you touch your lips.
- If you have darker skin, these particular shades might start to pull ashy (especially Angeles). Just something to keep in mind (although I’ve seen pictures of deeper-skinned beauties rocking Staten Island even though it does pull quite light on them).
- Since Angeles is so light, it can show off any dryness/flakiness, so you really want to make sure your lips are prepped and in great condition before you wear this one. Personally, I think the colour is worth the extra prep work, but you might want to choose another shade if this is an issue for you.
- OFRA is another company that you can only get online, so you won’t be able to see the shades in person before you buy.
OFRA‘s Long Lasting Liquid Lipstick is starting to become my favourite liquid lipstick formula. I don’t mind risking a slight amount of transfer in exchange for extra comfort on the lips. I can wear these for a very long time without having my lips cry out for moisture, which is something I can’t say for all of the liquid lipsticks on the market. As always, your mileage may vary and you might prefer something a little drier in texture if it means that it absolutely won’t budge! What is the main thing you look for in a liquid lipstick, above all else? Let me know in the comments!