During my LASplash Cosmetics binge, I also picked up two of their Lip Couture Waterproof Liquid Lipsticks in the shades OG Ghoulish and Ghoulish (14.00$ USD each, available from the LASplash Cosmetics U.S. website or their Canadian website). The naming on these might be a little confusing, but, to the best of my knowledge, OG Ghoulish was the original formula for the shade Ghoulish. When LASplash made subsequent batches, the formula was different and resulted in the shade now known as Ghoulish. So many people loved the original shade, though, that LASplash brought it back and named it OG Ghoulish. Clear as mud? Great. Anyway, all you really need to know is that, if you’re a fan of the grey toned lip trend, these are two colours worth checking out. Compared to their Studioshine Waterproof Lip Lustres, this formula dries to a completely matte finish without any metallic sheen or shimmer.
OG Ghoulish – a medium, cool toned grey-taupe shade that dries to a matte finish.
Ghoulish – Compared to OG Ghoulish, this one is a little darker, with more mauve and less grey.
Why You Might Like These:
- The price point is pretty good as far as liquid lipsticks go, and there are always coupon codes floating around if you follow them on Instagram or use Google!
- If you’re down with the grey (or “greige”) lip trend, you’ll probably really like these colours.
- The Lip Couture Waterproof Liquid Lipstick line has a fairly wide variety of shades, if these particular ones aren’t your style.
- They are crazy pigmented. You don’t need very much product at all.
- They aren’t kidding with the “waterproof” claim! These are probably the most tenacious, long-lasting liquid lipsticks I’ve ever tried. To get them to come off, I needed to use coconut oil followed by my Bioderma makeup remover.
- The applicator is quite user-friendly and makes it easier to get a straight, smooth line than with some other liquid lipstick applicators I’ve tried.
Why You Might Not Like These:
- Obviously, if you like a more “traditional” lip colour, these particular shades probably aren’t for you. You could always check out the other ones in the line, though.
- I wouldn’t recommend these on their own if you like your lipsticks to have any shine to them. You could always try throwing a gloss on top, though, but be mindful that this could potentially affect the wear time.
- If you want your lipsticks to be hydrating, you probably won’t like most liquid lipsticks in general. Because of the long-lasting, waterproof quality, this formula in particular is quite drying over time. I recommend hydrating your lips extremely well (and, if possible, using a lip primer) before applying.
- Their smell isn’t the most pleasant. It does go away once they dry down, but while they’re still wet they have a sort of “chemical” smell to them.
- These didn’t layer well for me once they dried down. If you try to touch up throughout the day by adding more product, it may start to crumble off. It’s best to remove it completely first, then reapply. Although, with the wear time on these guys, you probably won’t need to reapply anyway — I just did it for review purposes.
- Their international shipping is very high ($27.95 USD — ouch)! If you’re Canadian, their Canadian website is the way to go (shipping is $10.00 CAD). Otherwise, there is a $13 USD shipping discount if you spend $100 USD, so you could always either grab a bunch of products at once or combine an order with a friend(s) and split the shipping!
Are you a fan of grey toned lips or are they too “corpse-y” for your liking? If you do like them, what are some of your favourites? Let me know in the comments!