During Sephora’s Friends and Family Sale, I decided to try out Kat Von D’s Metal Crush Eyeshadows in the shades Thrasher and Doce ($25.00 CAD, available at Sephora). I’ve been a big fan of her makeup line for quite a while, so my expectations were high. Thankfully, I was not disappointed. The shadows are definitely true to their name; the metallic finish is beautiful. They’re incredibly smooth and buttery with no traces of chunky glitter to be found.
The shadows are definitely true to their name; the metallic finish is beautiful. They’re incredibly smooth and buttery with no traces of chunky glitter to be found. The pigmentation is also great, applying evenly in just one swipe.
- Thrasher – this shade looks like liquid gold on your eyeballs. Seriously.
- Doce – a gorgeous, metallic orangey-copper.
Why You Might Like These:
- They’re insanely buttery and pigmented, applying smoothly in a single swipe.
- They have an amazing metallic finish without any grittiness.
- There’s a nice selection of colours to choose from, including both bold and neutral shades.
- The pans are quite large, so you get a good amount of product.
Why You Might Not Like These:
- Although the quality is great, the price point is a bit high for a single eyeshadow compared to some other options out there.
- These are intense. Even the neutral shades pack a punch, so these won’t really give you a “soft, natural” eye look if that’s what you prefer.
- If you’re worried about lines on your eyelids, metallic shadows can emphasize them. You can still wear them, just be mindful about placement and use them more sparingly in your eye look.
- My biggest gripe is that Kat Von D’s products (especially newer ones) are quite often sold out at Sephora and restocking takes some time. When items are restocked, they tend to disappear again quickly. It might be hard to get your hands on these, even though they are permanent products.
If you’re a fan of metallic eyeshadows, I strongly recommend giving these a try. I already have my eye on a few more shades! Are you a fan of this type of finish? If so, which ones are catching your eye? Let me know in the comments!