What’s better than a liquid lipstick? Two liquid lipsticks! So, of course, I had to order the Kat Von D Lolita Lip Duo ($23.50 CAD, purchased from Sephora but currently sold out online). The set contains two mini Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks in the shades Lolita and Lolita II. I realize that it’s a limited edition product currently sold out on Sephora’s website, but I’m mentioning it here for two reasons (and neither of which is to torture you, I promise):
- You might still be able to find this in store, and there’s always a chance that the website might get a restock.
- Lolita is a permanent shade in the full-sized lineup, so you can pick it up any time. Lolita II isn’t available on its own in the permanent line just yet, but it will be in December, so this can help you decide whether or not you’ll want to pick it up.
Here they are swatched alongside the full-sized Lolita. I also swatched the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Double Dare for comparison, since a lot of people have been wondering how similar it is to Lolita II:
- Lolita – described as “chestnut rose”. It’s a fairly accurate description, with the Lip Duo version looking very close to my full-sized one but slightly rosier. This particular shade has gone through several variations over time, though. If you have a version from an older batch, there’s a chance this one might not be the exact same colour.
- Lolita II – described as “terra cotta nude”. It has a bit of orange, a bit of pink and just enough brown to keep it in neutral territory. It reads more orange/brown on me with a hint of rose, whereas Double Dare appears distinctly pink.
Here they are swatched on the lips:
Why You Might Like This:
- For roughly the price of a full-sized liquid lipstick, you get to try two different colours ($24.00 CAD for 0.22 oz of product in the full size vs $23.50 CAD for 2 x .10 oz of product in the duo). This is a especially nice if you tend to change up your lipsticks and have trouble finishing one.
- They are extremely pigmented and completely opaque.
- They dry to a matte finish but aren’t uncomfortable to wear.
- They last a very long time on the lips and don’t move or bleed.
- Lolita is the best-selling shade in the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick range. This set is a great way to try it out, plus another shade that I anticipate becoming popular as well.
- Since both shades are pretty neutral, you can wear them with a variety of different makeup looks.
Why You Might Not Like This:
- If you only really love one of the shades, you’re better off purchasing it on its own. There’s no real “deal” here in terms of price per amount of product.
- If you like to wear sheer or very natural looking lip colours, these will probably be too pigmented for you.
- If you don’t like a matte lip look, you probably won’t be a fan of this formula unless you add gloss on top (which might affect the wear time).
- If you like your lipsticks to be hydrating, liquid lipsticks (in general) aren’t your best bet. While this formula doesn’t dry out the lips excessively, it doesn’t give them any moisture, either.
Between the two shades, I prefer Lolita on me. Lolita II is a pretty colour and I can see me wearing it, but probably not enough to warrant purchasing the full-sized version as well when it releases in December. Which one is your favourite? Do you have any Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks already? Let me know in the comments!