With Valentine’s Day (and the associated V-Day inspired makeup looks) right around the corner, I figured it would be a good time to test out a pink lipstick! Pink is a colour I don’t actually wear frequently on my lips, and I’m not a huge fan of really bright or “Barbie“ shades on me. Though I do wear them from time to time, I feel like other people rock them a bit better than I do. I decided to pick up Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Lovesick ($20.00 USD/$24.00 CAD, available here) because it has a muted, “dusty” quality to it, which I’m all for.
Lovesick – described as “mauve nude”. It’s a medium dusty pink with a slight hint of purple and a cool undertone.
Why You Might Like This:
- It’s paraben-free.
- It’s infused with natural comfort-enhancing ingredients, including vitamin E and sunflower seed oil.
- This colour is extremely pigmented and a little goes a long way.
- It dries to a completely matte finish.
- It lasts a very long time on the lips so you won’t need to touch up often, if at all.
- The formula is one of the less drying liquid lipstick formulas on the market.
- The colour is beautiful and will work well on a variety of skin tones. It’s great if you’re looking for a pink lipstick that isn’t too bright or “bubblegum”. If you’re looking for another colour instead, however, the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick shade range is pretty wide.
Why You Might Not Like This:
- If you don’t like a matte lip, you probably won’t like this unless you add gloss on top (which might affect how long it wears).
- If you like your lipsticks to be hydrating, liquid lipsticks aren’t your best bet. While this formula doesn’t dry out the lips excessively, it doesn’t give them any moisture, either. You might want to opt for something creamier.
- I’ve mentioned this before, but certain products in Kat Von D’s line are (unfortunately) frequently out of stock at Sephora. It can be a little tricky to get your hands on particular colours, and this is one of the more popular ones. You can always sign up for an email notification when it restocks, just be sure to act fast! And — for anyone in the U.S. — she recently launched her own website for her makeup line. Since it doesn’t ship internationally, however, I’m unfamiliar with ordering from the site at this time.
So, there’s yet another Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick to add to my “love” pile! Not sure if I’ll be sporting it on Valentine’s Day, since Matthew and I are going to see Deadpool so I almost feel like red and black makeup would be more appropriate, haha. What are some of your favourite pink lipsticks? Are you a fan of Valentine’s Day-themed makeup or do you just do your own thing? Will any of you be watching Deadpool? Let me know in the comments!