The Sephora “Friends and Family” and “VIB Rouge” sales were great for my makeup collection but terrible for my wallet. I feel like I didn’t actually save any money; I just got more makeup for the price I would have paid anyway. Meh, more makeup is still a win in my books! I snagged Kat Von D’s Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Exorcism ($24.00, available at Sephora), which I’d been eyeing for a long time. It never stays in stock for long so, even though it’s permanent, it’s pretty elusive.
It’s described – quite accurately – as “ripe blackberry”. It’s a slightly cool toned berry that’s leans just deep enough to be “vampy”, but without being overwhelmingly dark. If I had this when I wrote the post about my Top 5 Berry Toned Lipsticks for Fall, I would have totally put it in there. Just don’t ask me which one I’d swap it for, because I have no idea. I love them all. But since I don’t actually have to make that decision, I won’t. Phew! Crisis averted!
Why You Might Like This:
- It’s extremely pigmented and a little goes a long way.
- It dries to a matte finish.
- It lasts a very long time on the lips so you won’t need to touch up as often, if at all.
- The formula is one of the less drying liquid lipstick formulas on the market.
- The colour is beautiful and will work well on a variety of skin tones, since it isn’t overly cool nor is it extremely light or dark. If you’re looking for another colour instead, the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick shade range is pretty wide.
Why You Might Not Like This:
- This shade can go on just slightly unevenly unless you really take your time. It’s only noticeable, however, when you’re looking extremely close up.
- If you don’t like a matte lip, you probably won’t like this unless you add gloss on top (which might affect how long it wears).
- If you like your lipsticks to be hydrating, liquid lipsticks aren’t your best bet. While this formula doesn’t dry out the lips excessively, it doesn’t give them any moisture, either. You might want to opt for something creamier.
- I’ve mentioned this before, but certain products in Kat Von D’s line are (unfortunately) frequently out of stock at Sephora. It can be a little tricky to get your hands on particular colours, and this is one of the more popular ones. You can always sign up for an email notification when it restocks, just be sure to act fast! And — for anyone in the U.S. — she recently launched her own website for her makeup line. Since it doesn’t ship internationally, however, I’m unfamiliar with ordering from the site at this time.
I’m a big fan of this colour, and Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick is one of my absolute favourite liquid lipstick formulas. Which ones are your favourites? Would you be interested in seeing swatches of all the Kat Von D shades I currently own? Let me know in the comments!