I feel like I’m eventually going to end up owning the entire Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick collection, I swear. My newest addition is the shade Damned ($20.00 USD/$24.00 CAD, available here) because I apparently need to own all of the dark liquid lipsticks. According to the company’s website, “in 28 to-die-for shades, this creamy formula glides over lips like a gloss and sets to a true matte finish. Along with 24-hour wear and high-pigment color, the next-generation formula is packed with natural moisturizers, including Vitamin E and Sunflower Seed Wax.”
- Damned – described as “black cherry”. It’s a dark, blackened burgundy that leans slightly warm.
Why You Might Like This:
- It’s paraben-free, cruelty-free and vegan.
- It’s infused with natural comfort-enhancing ingredients, including vitamin E and sunflower seed wax.
- The colour is pigmented and a little goes a long way.
- It starts out as a liquid and then dries down completely to matte finish.
- It lasts a very long time on the lips so you won’t need to touch up often, if at all.
- The formula is one of the less drying liquid lipstick formulas on the market.
- The colour is gorgeous if you like a dark, vampy vibe. If not, there are 27 other shades for you to choose from in the line!
Why You Might Not Like This:
- If you don’t like a matte lip, you probably won’t like this unless you add gloss on top (which might affect the longevity).
- If you like your lipsticks to be hydrating, liquid lipsticks aren’t your best bet. While this formula doesn’t dry out the lips excessively, it doesn’t give them any moisture, either. You might want to opt for something creamier.
- This particular shade applies a little on the patchier side compared to some of the others in the line. You’ll probably need to work with it a little more carefully to get a completely even application.
- I haven’t attempted to test the 24-hour claim because I don’t sleep in my makeup (does anyone actually need their lipstick to last that long? Serious question, let me know), but from what I’ve experienced it probably doesn’t last quite that long. It does eventually start to wear off on me, but it will last through an entire work day or night out, which is probably what most people are looking for.
- I’ve mentioned this before, but certain products in Kat Von D’s line are (unfortunately) frequently out of stock at Sephora. It can be a little tricky to get your hands on particular colours, and this is one of the more popular ones. You can always sign up for an email notification when it restocks, just be sure to act fast! And — for anyone in the U.S. — she recently launched her own website for her makeup line. Since it doesn’t ship internationally, however, I’m unfamiliar with ordering from the site at this time.
I do really like the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks because they’re a pretty good mix between comfort and longevity. They’re not quite as comfortable to me as OFRA or tarte, but they are more budge-proof and hold up a little longer. While I wish this particular shade applied more evenly, it is a beautiful colour if you don’t mind working with it. What are your favourite dark/vampy liquid lipsticks? Let me know in the comments!