When you’re shopping at Sephora, it’s easy to neglect the store’s own brand in favour of the bigger, more well-known names. I’m totally guilty of doing this, since those brands tend to get a lot more hype. But, after a recommendation from my sister a while back, I picked up the Sephora Collection Rouge Cream Lipsticks in the shades Magnetism and Temptation ($15.50 CAD/$12.50 USD, available at Sephora).
The Rouge Cream Lipstick formula is comfortable and hydrating, which is a nice break from the liquid lipsticks I’ve been wearing in heavy rotation lately (though I still love them). These particular shades also happen to be metallic, which is a trend I’m seeing a lot from smaller companies and one that I anticipate seeing from the larger brands in the near future (*ahem* Kat Von D).
Magnetism is described as “a deep, browned bronze” and I would say that’s pretty accurate.
Temptation is described as “deep mauve”, but I would say it’s more of a deep wine-red colour.
Why You Might Like These:
- They’re very pigmented and glide on smoothly.
- They’re hydrating and comfortable on the lips throughout the day.
- The metallic finish of these shades reflects light and makes the lips look fuller.
- The Rouge Cream Lipstick shade range is fairly wide, in case these particular colours aren’t for you.
- At $15.50 CAD, they’re not an extremely expensive option compared to higher-end lipsticks.
Why You Might Not Like These:
- The strong pigmentation might be too much for someone who normally prefers a sheer wash of colour on the lips.
- Because they’re so creamy and moisturizing, they don’t last as long as some of the more matte lipsticks. You’ll probably have to touch up once or twice.
- If you like a completely matte finish to your lipsticks, these probably aren’t the formula you’re looking for.
I’m so impressed by these lipsticks, and I’ve been reaching for them for when I’m in the mood for a warm, fall-toned lip. The colours remind me of the changing leaves, and the metallic finish is a nice twist. Are you interested in either (or both) of these? What other Sephora Collection “hidden gems” am I missing out on? Let me know in the comments!